Ahh, it's 2009. Apparently this is something new and exciting, just because the number's changed. Right.
Let's sum up the last two weeks in handy bullet point form.
- Christmas Eve. An exciting 'night out' in Monmouth to catch up with school friends.
There was a queue for spoons. Let's write that again, because it's that ridiculous: a queue to get into wetherspoons. yes. madness.
- Christmas Day. Family stuff, and lots of food.
- Boxing Day. Got bored and dyed my hair. With henna, so it's an interesting shade of fiery orange. Or ginger, if you prefer.
- Saturday. Delivered a fridge to Ironbridge, and prodded Jem's cats/guinea pigs
- This week - been up in North Wales for the New Year. If you can't see the photos, you'll be wanting to login
Supposedly a paddling trip, but a lack of rain and therefore no water in the rivers meant that that didn't happen, hehe. Plenty of frozen things to walk around taking photos of though, whilst most other people were mountain biking.
Actually, I went biking too - at Coed Y Brenin, on the 'family' trail. It's been more than two years since I last attempted any sort of cycling, and now I remember why - it really hurts my knees! And, for hire bikes with man saddles, also my bum. ouch. Anyway, it was sort of fun - very pretty (should have taken the camera with me) and I can probably handle the shame of being overtaken by small children and a man on a unicycle. heh.
New Year itself was spend in the same Tremadog pub as last year, although the party was nowhere near as good. Silly string everywhere, yuck.
So now I'm back in Gloucester, and it's still cold.
The docks are mostly frozen over, which amuses me for some reason. This swan was looking quite confused earlier as it bashed itself a path through the ice.