I've been working on this new website for far too long. It's still not done (but then again, is my personal website ever going to be 'complete'?), but I think it is at least now in a usable state, so here you go.
- I've recoded everything (not that you'd notice!). Or mostly everything, anyway. Still in php, obviously, but now vaguely object oriented and PHP5.
- User accounts! No commenting without one, haha. There is a point to this - much as I'm intrigued by the idea of telling everyone on the internet every detail about my life, I can't do it. I'd much rather have some control over who's reading what - and not in a stalkerish way. So I've now got a proper setup for various 'levels' of posting - posts anyone can read, posts you can only see if logged in, and stuff that's a bit more personal that I only want friends/family/people I trust to read.
- New domain name(s). It's still my name, but a bit more anonymous. ish.
- Improved paddling log. No longer just a list!
- Design. mmm, isn't it lovely and colourful? What do you mean your eyes are burning?! Pah, you think this is bad, you should see my desktop background...
- more sidebar crap: 'miniblog' a la Twitter (but I feel I should point out that it is NOT powered by crappy twitter); music from last.fm, etc.
What's missing/still to come?
- Photos. They'll be back soon.
- Search. Although that might stay gone for a bit, seeing how it never gets used. And is half-broken
I have various other features I'd like to add, or improve upon. Like I say, it'll never be finished
What might be broken?
- anything. haha.
- user accounts aren't fully functional yet
- error messages might not be entirely helpful.
- Q&A was playing up - I think it's fixed now, but who knows
Reports of any weird bugs appreciated. I've done lots of localhost testing and am still working through my own list of bugs, but chances are there are still things I've missed.